Facility Safety Measures
Our primary goal is to prevent transmission of the Coronavirus through disinfection of facilities, raising awareness of public health measures, and reducing the human to human transmission.
BELOW ARE MEASURES IMPLEMENTED AT ABE FOR COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Public Service Announcements recorded by the LNAA will air throughout the terminal complex intermittently regarding mask usage and social distancing guidelines.
- Digital and static signage outlining CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) best practices are located throughout the terminal complex, restrooms and heavy public traffic areas.
- All luggage carts and wheelchairs are treated with an advanced antimicrobial protectant that kills viruses, germs and bacteria on contact for 14 days. This product is safe and effective, forming a colorless, odorless protective barrier on all surfaces.
- Hand sanitizers have been strategically placed and additional units have been ordered for deployment throughout the terminal complex at Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE).
- NanoSeptic Anti-Microbial wraps have been installed on door handles, panic bars, and elevator buttons.
- An Anti-Microbial agent is applied throughout the terminal using electrostatic sprayers.
- LNAA custodial staff have increased their disinfection efforts in the following areas: door handles, escalator handrails, elevator controls, counter tops, paper towel / toilet paper dispensers, tables, chairs, vinyl seating, parking equipment, and ticket counter podiums.
- Airline public facing equipment (including self-check-in kiosks) are disinfected throughout the day.
- LNAA has implemented personal protection equipment (PPE) in the following areas: passenger services counter, airline ticket counters, airline podiums, car rental counters, and concessionaires.
- Seating has been adapted to support physical distancing.