Steady in October
November 22, 2022
78,534 passengers traveled through ABE
(Hanover Township, PA) – Heading into the annual holiday travel rush, passenger traffic remained steady during October at Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE).
Last month, 78,534 passengers traveled through ABE – a 8.9% increase from October 2021.
“We’re already getting very close to surpassing 2018 passenger traffic numbers which demonstrates that air travel demand continues to be strong, and people are choosing ABE as their preferred airport,” said Thomas R. Stoudt, Executive Director, LNAA.
Month Passengers Percentage increase Month Passengers
Oct. ’22 78,534 8.9% Oct. ’21 72,135
By the numbers, Allegiant increased 32.4%, United jumped 29.8%, and American moved up 8.5%. Delta passenger traffic declined 39% from last October.
“According to AAA, the next two months are expected to be very busy on the roads and of course, at airports. We’re recommending passengers give themselves extra time and pack their patience,” said Stoudt.
Holiday Travel Checklist
- Give yourself extra time (arrive at the airport (2) hours before scheduled departure)
- Take advantage of ABE’s amenities
- Research your specific airline’s travel requirements (carry-on bag policy, etc.)
- Have a “Plan B” in case of travel delays or cancellations
- Charge electronics (laptop, cell phone, etc.)
- Pack a snack and an empty refillable water bottle
- Most importantly, pack your patience
TSA Travel Advice
- Know what you can pack in your carry-on and checked baggage (3-1-1 Rule, etc.)
- Leave room in your suitcase to bring home gifts and souvenirs and mail gifts that you are giving (don’t pack them) – TSA may require wrapped gifts to be unwrapped for screening
25,822,264 pounds of air cargo was processed through Lehigh Valley International Airport in October – an increase of 14.18% from Oct. 2021.
Month CARGO (lbs.) Percentage increase Month CARGO (lbs.)
Oct. ‘22 25,822,264 14.18% Oct. ’21 22,615,304