Emergency Pavement Repairs at Main Terminal
November 26, 2018
Upper Level Roadway Closed on Tuesday
Due to emergency pavement repairs at Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE), the Upper Departures Level roadway will be closed on Tuesday (11/27).
The road will remain closed from 1:00 a.m. on Tuesday until approximately 2:00 a.m on Wednesday morning.
Please refer to the information below if you are traveling through ABE:
- Uber/Lyft will be passenger pick up areas reserved on the sidewalk adjacent to the E-lot and terminal building on the lower roadway (in front of the police offices). Signage should also appear on the curbside as well as in the terminal to help guide passengers. Note: Rideshare operations will not be allowed to stage at the airport for Tuesday only.
- United Newark Bus: The bus will operate out of the lower roadway instead of the upper level.
- Arriving passengers: Will remain unaffected.
- Departing passengers: Drivers will be redirected (via signage at the entrance intersection) down to the Long-Term lot so as not to add to the lower level congestion. Drivers will have free parking for up to an hour for parking in this lot.
- Taxis and Shuttles: Will remain unaffected.
We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during this necessary capital improvement project.