The Transportation Security Administration Suggests The Following Guidelines When Packing.
- Liquids, gels and aerosols as carry-ons follow 3-1-1 guidelines:
– 3.4 ounces or less per container
– 1 quart size, clear, plastic, zip top bag (all liquids must fit in bag)
– 1 bag per passenger
- Visit tsa.gov or download the MyTSA app to review the prohibited items list for both carry-on and checked baggage.
- If purchasing a luggage lock, be sure to look for those that are TSA compatible.
- Tape a card with your name and contact information on any large electronics.
- Pack items in layers (shoes one layer, clothes one layer, electronics one layer, etc.)
- Firearms are only allowed in checked baggage and must be unloaded, placed in a locked, hard-sided container and properly declared to your airline.
- All fireworks contain explosive materials and are not permitted in checked or carry-on baggage.
- Pack large electronics on top layer of carry-on for screening accessibility.
- Place your 3-1-1 bag with liquids, gels and aerosols in front pocket of your carry-on for accessibility.
- If traveling with a pet, be sure to bring a leash so carriers can be properly screened.
Before Leaving for Airport
- Give yourself enough time to arrive at the airport early.
- Wear easily removable shoes.
- Passengers with a disability or medical condition may call ahead to the TSA Cares toll free helpline at 1-855-787-2227.
Before Entering Checkpoint
- Eligible passengers look for the TSA Pre✓™ lane for expedited screening at participating airports.
- Have ID and boarding pass out for inspection.
- Remove 3-1-1 bag and place in bin.
- Ensure pockets are empty (keys, tissues, currency, wallets, cell phones, etc.) and remove bulky jewelry (valuable items can be placed in carry-on).
- Remove shoes and place directly on x-ray belt.
- Remove personal electronic devices larger than a cell phone from your carry-on bag and place them into a bin with nothing placed on or under them for X-ray screening. (E.g. laptops, tablets, e-readers and handheld game consoles.)
- Remember to check bins and collect all belongings after going through screening.