Order of the Secretary of the PDOH for Mitigation Relating to Travel – Latest Guidance At A Glance:
- The Secretary of Health issued an order requiring individuals over age 11 traveling to the Commonwealth from any locations outside of the Commonwealth (including international locations) must produce evidence of negative COVID-19 test or place themselves in travel quarantine for 10 days after entering the Commonwealth, subject to the conditions specified in Section 3 below, unless they qualify for one of the exemptions specified in Section 4.
Section 3 -Testing:
- The test must be from a specimen collected within 72 hours prior to entering the Commonwealth or collected during the 10-day travel quarantine period.
- Travelers receiving negative tests after entering the Commonwealth may continue their intended activities.
- Travelers receiving positive results after entering the Commonwealth must isolate in accordance with Pennsylvania Health Alert Network (HAN 518), and any successor or supplemental HANs.
- Travelers must arrange for the test at their own expense.
Section 4 – Exemptions
- This does not apply to:
- Individuals traveling to and from the Commonwealth for the purpose of work.
- Individuals who are returning to the Commonwealth after traveling outside the Commonwealth for less than 24 hours.
- Individuals traveling to and from the Commonwealth for medical reasons, including individuals providing comfort and support to a patient.
- Military personnel traveling to the Commonwealth by order or directive of a state or Federal military authority.
- Individuals in transit through the Commonwealth to another destination, provided that the time spent in the Commonwealth is only the amount of time necessary to complete the transit, make use of travel services, such as a highway rest stop, or make necessary travel connections.
- Individuals traveling comply with a court order, such as child custody, or other exemptions issued by guidance.
- Additional exemptions may be issued in guidance documents issue by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PDOH).
*The exemptions is this section do not apply to travelers who, within the previous 14 days, attended gatherings larger than those permitted by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- This order takes effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday, November 20.
- View the Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health for Mitigation Relating to Travel.
- View the 2nd Amendment to the Order of the Pennsylvania Department of Health for Mitigation Relations to Travel.
For frequently asked questions regarding this order, click here.