Facility Safety Measures
Our primary goal is to prevent transmission of the COVID-19 through disinfection of facilities, raising awareness of public health measures, and reducing the human to human transmission.
Below are the safety prevention measures implemented by the Lehigh-Northampton Airport Authority (LNAA) for COVID-19:
- All luggage carts and wheelchairs are treated with an advanced antimicrobial protectant that kills viruses, germs and bacteria on contact for 14 days. This product is safe and effective, forming a colorless, odorless protective barrier on all surfaces.
- Hand sanitizers have been strategically deployed throughout the terminal complex.
- NanoSeptic antimicrobial wraps have been installed on door handles, push bars, and elevator buttons.
- Electrostatic sprayers are used to disinfect the terminal complex on a daily basis.
- Disinfection efforts have been increased in the following areas: restrooms, door handles, escalator handrails, elevator controls, counter tops, paper towel / toilet paper dispensers, tables, chairs, vinyl seating, parking equipment, and ticket counter podiums.
- Airline public facing equipment (including self-check-in kiosks) are disinfected daily.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed in the following areas: airline ticket counters, airline podiums, car rental counters, concessionaires, TSA checkpoint, and the passenger services counter.
- Seating has been adapted to support physical distancing.
- Public Service Announcements recorded by the LNAA will air throughout the terminal complex intermittently regarding mask usage and social distancing guidelines.
- Digital and static signage outlining CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) best practices are located throughout the terminal complex, restrooms and heavy public traffic areas.