Frequently Asked Questions
Before you Depart
- When does the airport open? The Airport is open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- How long before my flight should I arrive at the airport? We recommend that you arrive 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure time.
- Which airlines serve Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)? There are 4 airlines that serve ABE: Allegiant, American, Delta and United.
- Where does ABE fly nonstop? ABE’s nonstop destinations include: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Myrtle Beach (seasonal), Nashville (seasonal), Newark (bus), Orlando Sanford, Philadelphia, Punta Gorda, St. Pete-Clearwater, Sarasota / Bradenton (SRQ), and Savannah / Hilton Head (seasonal).
- How early do the airline ticket counters open? Each of the airline ticket counters open at different times. Please click here for current information.
- How do I request a wheelchair? You can request a wheelchair by calling ahead to our Passenger Services Desk at 610-231-5249. When you arrive at the airport, you can send a text message to 484-240-5224 or ask a Passenger Services Representative for assistance.
- How do I contact Lost and Found? The Airport Operations Center handles lost and found items. You can contact them directly at 610-266-6000.
- How much can my bag weigh? Each airline has different baggage requirements. Please contact your airline for more details.
Parking and Transportation
- How much does it cost to park? ABE has 2 parking options: Long-term and Short-term parking. Please click here to view current parking rates.
- Where do I pick up my rideshare? Uber and Lyft are available for pick up on the 2nd level of the Main Terminal.
- Where can I park to wait for an arriving passenger? ABE offers a Cell Phone Parking Area for drivers to wait for arriving passengers.
- Where can I pick up my rental car? The rental car counters are located in the lower level of the Main Terminal near baggage claim. ABE offers Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. Please click here for contact information.
- Where should I meet arriving passengers? Arriving passengers can be met on the lower level of the Main Terminal in the waiting area located prior to the security checkpoint.
- Can I escort someone to the gate? With prior approval you may be allowed to accompany a passenger to the gate. Please check with your airline for more details.
- Does my child need identification? TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. The companion will need acceptable identification. For more details, please visit TSA’s website here.
- How do I get in touch with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)? You can contact TSA by visiting their website here.
- Can I bring food through the security checkpoint? Yes, you may pack food in your carry-on or checked bag, but remember all food must undergo x-ray screening. For more details, please visit the TSA website here.
- Can I bring prescribed medications through the security checkpoint? It is recommended that medication be clearly labeled to facilitate the screening process. Check with state laws regarding prescription medication labels. It is recommended that you keep all medications in your carry-on luggage. For more details, please visit the TSA website here.
- Does ABE offer TSA PreCheck? Yes, ABE does offer TSA PreCheck. To register for TSA PreCheck, please click here.
In the Terminal
- Does ABE have a USO? ABE will offer a private military resource room for active and retired military personnel and their families that will open in 2020.
- Can I smoke in the terminal? No. Smoking is not permitted inside any buildings at ABE. Refer to the Designated Smoking Area signs located outside the Main Terminal. Please note there is not a smoking area past the TSA security checkpoint.
- Does the airport have a pet relief area? Yes, ABE has a Pet Relief Area located next to the Short-term Parking Lot. Please note there is not a pet relief area past the TSA security checkpoint.
- What is the physical address of the airport? ABE’s physical address is: 3311 Airport Road, Allentown, PA 18109.
- I arrived at my destination, but my bag did not. Who should I contact? Please contact the airline that you traveled on. A lost baggage report must be filed within 24 hours of arrival.
- What are the food options? In the Main Terminal (pre security) ABE offers the Lehigh Valley Café. In the departure building (post security) ABE offers Dunkin’, Java Joint, The PA Pub and Smart Market Vending. For full menus, please click here.
- What amenities does the airport have? ABE offers many amenities such as a children’s play area, sensory room and charging stations. For a full list of amenities and to read about where they are located in the airport please click here.