What can I do to protect myself from COVID-19?
- Be committed to practicing good personal hygiene.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands with others.
- Adhere to social distancing – avoid direct contact and close contact (6 feet) of people.
What steps can I take to protect others from COVID-19?
- If you are sick or ill, please STAY HOME, avoid public areas and public transportation!
- If you sneeze or cough, please do so into your elbow.
What steps can I take to disinfect my home or work area?
- Frequently clean and disinfect the following: door handles, light switches, counter tops, surfaces, keyboards, mouse, cell phone, landline phone, faucets, sink.
- Most common household disinfectants will work and alcohol based cleaning solutions must be at least 70% alcohol.
***IMPORTANT – All immune systems are not alike. Individuals that are older (above 60), have immune deficiencies, or have chronic health conditions are at HIGH RISK. By staying home, you are helping high risk individuals stay safe during this critical time.